Saturday, September 19, 2015

Wesley Had a Birthday in June.

I have been slow on the blog since those nine posts about Japan. Honestly waiting for pictures to load takes FOREVER so when I think of it, I just go....eh. I will do it later. Well thanks to Greg I am now updating four months later.

 For Wesley end of the year field trip we went to check out the new polar bear exhibit at the zoo. We have not been back since but it was pretty cool and you can see the bears (yes two of them) now. This one was playing with a fake ice block.

 Wesley had a birthday and turned 6. It was a carnival theme so we had squirt the ping pong balls, shoot into the hoops, plinko, a marble maze, mini bowling, and guessing game. I may have forgotten one, but you get the idea. 


 Here are the birds that used to be above the front door. They've since left and abandoned the nest months ago so it no longer sits on the light. I think they gave up on it for two reasons. One we chopped down the tree that hid them from view. Two I witnessed a hawk swoop right onto the doorstep below this and eat one of the fledglings. I was surprised how close it got to me when I was standing just on the other side of the door.

In June Wesley graduated from his year of gymnastics. He elected to not sign back up for it after doing another summer class. That means he took two sessions of it before giving up, just like his sisters did. 


 Kairi and Kate are done with gymnastics too. They wanted to do ballet, but the one place that has good reviews also has bad times for us. So that hasn't happened. Plus I didn't want them doing too many things when school was starting. Because they take a while to adjust to new things.

Here are trees going down. I must say I like it. The side of the house looked a little strange at first, but I don't have to worry about the trees falling into the front room and squishing the piano when it storms and they no longer will scrap the roof (there are a few marks up there) and the ants had nothing on which to climb into the kitchen this summer, so my ant problems greatly went away! 

Here the girls graduated from our mom's co-op preschool group.

 We saw some animals at the Fitchburg library.
And we made another movie that you can view here:

That was it for June Y'all! 

1 comment :

Mary said...

Thanks for the updated blog entries. And thanks for following Greg's suggestion. It was great fun to see the kids and all that you have been up to the last few months. Watching the Defenders and the Popcorn Monster gave me the urge for some popcorn.