This picture was taken when I was two in December of 1990. I (Amanda) am in the white sweater half hidden by my cousin. The other people in the picture are also my cousins on my dad's side.
This picture was taken when Kairi and Kate were two in December. I'm trying to decide if my childhood me looks like the childhood them.... votes? (Hey we still play with those toys two years later.
This year for Christmas we visited reindeer. They made a guest appearance at the Verona Library, because our library is pretty cool like that.
Here you see Kate, Kairi and Wesley. We are now planning on growing reindeer in our back yard.
Got ya!
First thing on Christmas morning was to wake up Chris and then we got to open stockings! We have such beautiful stockings.
For your future reference, Kairi is in the purple pajamas. Kate is wearing the white dress. Wesley is the tall guy in white and Chris is...
Okay no. This one is Wesley. I was just checking to see if you were paying attention.
Kairi got Elsa and and Elsa dress.
Kate Anna and an Anna dress. So fancy!
Allen and Michelle, Michelle and Allen stopped by so we had play Lego's with them.
Michelle read them a Dr. Suess Quizzler book. Oh and Kairi changed her clothes into the purple dress.
(We are now going to skip over a few December things so I don't have to move the pictures that are out of order.)
Have you ever wanted to make your own peanut butter? Well Chris has. We made some and haven't eaten it yet. I think it would have been better if we had not roasted the peanuts first. It turned out a little nutty. But it was fun to make!
If we zoom past Christmas the next holiday is Aunt Michelle's birthday! This is January folks. I didn't get a picture of her on that day sorry. Maybe she did and will put it on her blog? Zoom some more days (17th baby!) and we get Kairi and Kate's birthday.
Kairi requested a vanilla frozen cake. We used some game pieces to help decorate.
Kate wanted a strawberry heart cake. Again we used the game pieces. Wesley added Batman because he and Anna are getting married on Kate's birthday cake.
And to make the cake's I successfully split an egg in half so each cake could be cooked with one and a half eggs. (I only used half of each cake box.)
The girls had a little gym show week to mark the end of their learning unit. They were super excited to do the show until they actually had to do it. Bummer. They cried and clung to me and did about half of the things they were asked. But they were happy before it started! And were happy when it ended. :)
Here they are getting medals.
(Back to December)
This picture was taken sometime around Christmas. We went on the free trolley ride around the capitol (was that the same day?) and saw some people dressed as elves doing a run.
My brother Allen has his birthday in December before Christmas. He got a pineapple upside down cake and I can't remember how old he is....30? Still young.
We got him the Lego Star Wars AT-AT for his birthday. It took a while to put it together.
In case you are confused Wesley is wearing a blue plastic headband.
One night during Christmas vacation when we were not sick, we went to Glass Nickle pizza in Middleton. The kids keep asking to go back because they have this kid play spot to go to while waiting for the food.
Meet Bob. He is an alien snow man. Kairi has a pink hat. Kate in white. Wesley in black. A little trivia for you: Wesley actually lost that hat at school for two days and found it right when I had gone to the store and bought him a new one.
Meet Bob's baby.
Kate got a drawing book for Christmas. Here Kairi and here have done some of the steps from the book. Kairi did all of these except for the red sheep at the top above the Hello Kitty Sticker.
Kate did all of these except for the purple sheep. There's a "cow" above the ducks head and a donkey kicking.
For the girls birthday we took them to the Milwaukee Betty Brinn Children's museum. They had fun playing post office and spent a long time sorting mail and taking it around the whole place to drop in mail boxes.
Wesley (and the others) got to build models for their special train day event. Wesley made this train station. He is putting stickers on it that are all written in German.
The kids had fun being on TV. I tried to get a Tv shot of them but they were all blurry because the camera man kid kept moving the camera and would not hold still. Their favorite part was when they put on a green vest/shirt and their bodies became invisible on the screen.
If you want to watch almost eight minutes of our Christmas this year you can check out the link below.
If you want to watch almost eight minutes of our Christmas this year you can check out the link below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is_AMZfDpMc
Okay the link should work now. I marked it as unlisted.
This one is included here on the blog of a Minecraft song we made underneath our cathedral. Michelle even said "cool" so that means it's got to be super awesome because she usually does not like Minecraft.
Okay the link should work now. I marked it as unlisted.
This one is included here on the blog of a Minecraft song we made underneath our cathedral. Michelle even said "cool" so that means it's got to be super awesome because she usually does not like Minecraft.

3 comments :
Thanks for the blog. It's always fun to see what you've been up to. I think the girls resemble you but yet they resemble themselves more so yes and no. I liked the song at the end. I tried to go to the you tube link but when I got there it said it was private so I didn't get to watch it. Thanks again.
Thank you so much! This really cheered me up.
My mom, your Grandma Richardson is flying to live in Springfield, Mo. today 2/4/15. I'm really sad about her moving away. Maybe i should move closer to you. ( : Then maybe i could be in those birthday and Christmas photos and really get people confused with the who's who trivia. Lol
I think the girls and Wesley all look like their Heit cousins until I put them next to your photo and the Morse's. Lol, then they look like you! interesting how that works.
I loved the Minecraft video. You all are so creative. I'm so proud of all of you. I love the coloring pages too. Keep up the good work and better luck next time overcoming the dancing stage fright. ( ;
Love ya, Gr Mom Morse.
What a fun update! Thanks for sharing!!
Post a Comment