Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Easter and Spring Break

Our Fabulous Faces

 Whenever my girls want to paint, they end up painting more than just the paper. It always makes me think of the book "I ain't gonna paint no more." I showed it to them and it's a good thing they were not to keen on painting their faces, backs, arms, legs...etc. Messy hands are messy enough.

 Yes, Kairi is wearing my old P.E. (not gym it is really called P.E) shirt. Go Kennedy Titans!

 A random picture of Amanda, Wesley, and Chris

 We had to do something over spring break so we visited the zoo. Most of our zoo pictures included close ups of Kate's face. I had about fifty of these which I did not keep. This time around their favorite animal was the prairie dogs. (Not pictured here.)

 For St.Patrick's day I made this mint chocolate cake by coloring globs of white cake mix and plopping them into the pan in lumps. I thought it was tasty. We invited Allen and Michelle over for dinner and I think we had some potato and ham soup along with this and mint shakes. 

 Now you want some don't you? Sorry it is long gone.

 We decorated outside for Easter this year. I'll give you one guess where we decorated. 

 It just so happened that I was teaching the preschool Easter party on April fools day. So come on, I had to do something! I bet you are thinking these are grilled cheese sandwiches right? Actually it is toasted pound cake and frosting. Surprise! I also made carrot cake muffins in case any kid decided this was too weird. Sure enough one of them would not take a single bite. 

 On actual April fools day I created something like this so when the door opened a balloon fell through onto the person behind it. I tried it on Wesley first. It was actually almost anti-climatic because after the balloon fell he got all teary and said, "Mom why did you do this to me?" He thought he could not get past the streamers until I told him he could karate chop them. After that we had to put the whole set up a few times multiple times that day. This above picture is when we performed the trick on Chris. Unfortunately, he just slid right under everything.


 Also as our big event for spring break, I took the kids to pump it up. We actually ended up going twice in the same day. The first time it was closed (they had not updated their website about the change in open play hours). The second time the kids got to play.

 They all had a fun time.


 Here is a picture of a lap top bag I created for my new laptop. You've probably already seen it, but the new laptop is my excuse for not updating the blog for a while. It took forever to move over the pictures. 

 Wesley wanted to cook in the kitchen. His ideas usually involve getting some kind of breaded item (bread, graham bears etc) and putting them in water until they turn to mush and then adding in lots of random things....so I usually turn his cooking phases into something more editable. We made peanut butter chocolate eggs for Easter and with the extra melted chocolate we made dipped minions.


 Wesley is always excited about crazy hair day at school. He always wants his hair spiky with gel. This year crazy hair day fell during their roller skating unit at school, so his hair was flat after putting on the bicycle helmet. 

 Chris and the kids made Easter nests for Easter. 

 We stopped at the toy store at the mall to see Easter Olaf. The kids did not believe for a minute he was the real Olaf. 

 This year (and last year) I have been feeding finches. I really like the yellow and red ones. They are so pretty. I mean handsome. These are the boys so really I should get my terms right. According to my kids boys can't be pretty or cute. They might change their mind in another ten years.

 But this is what happens when birds decide they love you! I noticed the nest a day before and knocked it down. At that point it was just a few threads of old grass lumped on the top of the light and all over the ground. The next day I came out and it was fully put back up again. So I've left it. 


We have been out on the trampoline now that the weather has started to turn warmer. This year though there are two holes in the netting where mice decided to eat them during the winter while it was packed in the shed. You probably can't see the holes here. They are right behind Chris. 

The End

3 comments :

Rick, Erin, and girls said...

I love everyone's creative cooking! The outside Easter decor works very well!

momicule gail said...

I love seeing all your wonderful faces and creative ideas. Thanks again for sharing. ( : Mom M.

Mary said...

That was fun to see what you've been up to and all the fun ideas. The Easter nests look quite similar to an idea from long ago. We're looking forward to seeing everyone next month with a few fun ideas too.