Monday, November 24, 2008

our next adventures

So a quick sad story with this post. I was almost done with it when I was attacked by an elephant that just ran into me from behind as I labored away in the basement of the tallest building on campus! Then I had to start this post all over again and wait for the photos to load up etc. ...


As I had said the last time I wrote this up, this picture doesn't have much to do with anything other than the fact that shows two really talented people. Oh yes we both got 100 percent on a frets on fire song! Note this is before the new guitar hero came out but I'm pretty sure that whether I was playing on the keyboard or not that this is an amazing feat to accomplish!

This is how the kitchen looked when Chris had his birthday in September. I had fun taping the rose petals onto the wall.

Wow a CAKE! This beautiful masterpiece is composed a box of funfetty cake mix decorated with sprinkles and m&m's. It is a timeless classic for birthday parties of all ages! I won't tell you how old Chris turned. That would just spoil it!


Sweet!!! I get a CAKE! This has got to be one of my favorite times of the year! This picture was taken on Sunday the day before his birthday if you don't remember. On his actual birthday he went to a surprise birthday dinner party at Olive Garden. Somehow a few past roommates and their wives showed up to celebrate with us. None of us were able to finish our food. I don't remember all that Chris got for his birthday but perhaps his favorite gift that randomly showed up in our apartment was a new ps3.



Leaving the birthday surprises for now, this is a lovely example of how you take a piece of cloth cut it to host triangle shapes and hang it over your blinds to create a fake valence. This is only half the window though since I still haven't gotten around to creating another one for the other side.


After years of hard work we have an author in the family! Here is the first copy EVER of The Book, a tale of heroism written by yours truly Chris Heit!



While all of you know the largest news that still hasn't been put on the blog yet....
This is what Reed looked like a while before we announced the news. We invited the gang over for dinner after we had told our parents of course.



I know the picture you were all waiting for!! And it's even sideways so that you can't tell what the big news is at all!!! This is me the day after announcing the news. I probably won't really look like that... but it will be close!




Right before Halloween I got this craving for pumpkin cookies. Weird how cravings can come. Anyway I had my brother surprise me with a visit and me helped to carve the little pumpkin for our delicious cookies!



Once Halloween really did stroll into town we carved these amazing pumpkins over at Jeff and Lois'. I was nice of them to let us make our mess in their apartment instead of our own. I didn't get a picture of everyone's pumkins that was there you can always go back and check out their blog for that, but here are two pumkins lit up.


And here you can see how Chris created the nose on his pumpkin. I still think he had a pretty good idea.



once again but another angle. You can race past this picture if you're tired of looking at pumpkins by now.




Here's me modeling off a skirt that I made in my beginning sewing class. This one is sideways just you don't notice that my socks don't match! ;)



Yah!! Chris is playing with the new guitar hero. See his intense concentration? And he's even using the slide bar on the neck of the guitar that I still don't really know how to use. We've had several people over already to have band playing parties. If you'd like to come and sing, bang drums, and rock out on guitars we should set up a time! We'd love to have you over!



Ahhh our last picture on this post. Isn't it precious? The cake was made in celebration of our good news. The missing chuck has been eaten so that the cake looks like it has a face. :) Or was it because it just smelled tooo good?










1 comment :

Unknown said...

Please update this blog. We want to know what is going on with you guys!