Monday, November 24, 2008

Hey everyone it's about time that we updated our blog just a little bit don't you think? Well there's no gaurantees that we have everything on here that we have done especially since we don't have Brittany taking pics for us, :( but we do have a few things that we can put up here for your entertainment. ..


To start off with here are some pictures that we took while we were at the Thanksgiving Point Gardens. I honestly can't remember when we went there but I am pretty sure it was a saturday sometime in september (at least I think it was. I'd have to check my journal for exact details since it's not in my planner, but alas that was left at home.) No matter you can enjoy the beautiful flowers all the same! It may even make you wish that spring was back instead of winter starting.

Looking at these pictures reminds me of my sister Amy. Since she wants to be famous photographer of plant life (still life) this just looks like a good place she might want to come and visit sometime no?


I must admit that I get fascinated by old looking things and while this bridge is new it has that rustic antique look to it. oooo soo cool!

Chris likes to complain that I never take pictures of him. Well here is some proof that he's wrong. I take pictures of him when they're good ones! Just look at that thoughtful pose.. perhaps he's comtemplating how to convert c++ into java or something... don't ask me!



These are koi fish! They just swarm when there might be food nearby. I think it is a little gross especially when some get slightly shoved out of the water by the bigger fish underneath them.



Okay so this is one of those pictures that almost had a good story to it. While we were walking we totally saw the largest frog that you have ever seen! It was rather good sized frog surrounded by a bunch of tadpoles. Too bad he/she slipped into the water before the picture was taken!! What a tragic tale! I really wanted to get a picture of that frog. I kept looking at all the other lily pads there to see if I could find another one, but nope.




This was a fascinating spot with four large pillars that just rose into the air. If it wasn't so sunny it would have been a really amazing picnic spot!






This is a cool spot where there are four pillars that just rise into the air... oh wait, but they have the fanciest dome on top of them.






There was this really cute girl that was playing underneath the dome that I snapped a few pictures of. Hope her parents don't mind, but she was just so cute! Don't worry I never took one of her face so you can't really tell who she is.



Part of the Thanksgiving Point Gardens has this tunnel that Chris was so nice to show off to us. Under the tunnel is a secret entrance to the "secret garden." (see below).



Here's the entrance to the garden. You can kind of see it behind me but I'm not putting up pictures of what was in there! After all that's a secret you'll just have to go see the gardens yourself sometime if you really want to find out! (ps. it's pretty nice in there.)


so this picture was taken a long time before watching that Dr. Who episode, but all the same it's an angel that's watching you from above and if you don't look up, you don't really notice it...... dun dun dun!!!!


Near the end of our tour, we came to a bunch of cascading waterfalls. Wow we got some good pics of them! They're soo deep! I think they're the longest human made waterfalls around but I don't really remember anymore. We'll just say that I'm correct and leave it at that.


We never were able to get a picture of the front of the large waterfall and here's why.. A bunch of girls decided they wanted to hog the view! Actually I found this picture slightly humourous since if you look at their poses it reminds me of my wedding photographer telling everyone how they should stand...



Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!! my sideways picture appears!!! Of course I planned for this to happen silly. What good is a blog post without one sideways picture? I just like the leaves on the tree don't you?


Can someone say wow? That is such a long field and I was not standing at the end of it either! This would be a good place to play some crochet dodge ball!



Alas another scenic view. Makes me want to use it as a background picture on my computer.



We're skipping comments about this one. Don't ask me why.

Oh and here is proof that I was at the Gardens with Chris. He wasn't by himself with a floating camera that capture spontaneous moments of him.



So about this....... I took it! I was actually trying to play around with my close up zoom thing on my camera but I wasn't as successful as I hoped to be.


I'll let you guess who was laying down in the middle of flowers when bees were humming all around really close... yikes!



I think we should use this as our Christmas tree honey! It's so cute and cuddly!


This is Chris looking scared since we're coming to the end of this post! Oh nooo!



Well perhaps the end isn't so bad after all. Now you can all sit back relax and enjoy the next part of the show!





















No comments :