Sunday, May 18, 2008

Saying No

The next time I saw him at work everything was normal. Or sort of was. My roommates had come to eat food while I starved and worked yet again. Actually, they had seen me add Chris and wanted to get a better look at him. Time drew near for me to get off work when who walked into the CougarEat but JKC. A guy from my ward who had asked me out once to a dance. I had agreed to go and here he was come to see me at work. I was flattered by the attention having never really gotten that kind of attention from a guy before.. well unless you count my high school stalker. After work my room mates told me how the whole scene played out from another angle. While I was talking to JKC, Chris had slowly began to move closer to us by washing tables. I was told that he was looking really really interested in what was going on. So what did I do? I started stalking him on facebook for possible reasons as why. Was it possible that he liked me? I looked at all of pictures and there was several pictures of him climbing the Y with a girl. No!! I rushed out and told my room mates. He can't like me because I think he has a girlfriend. We all sighed over that, but it didn't stop my room mates from giving me nice notes the following sunday. They couldn't believe that I would actually stalk someone even if it was on facebook. I received notes like CCEG or (Chris the CougarEat Guy) inside of red hearts. I must admit, I still have a heart drawn from a room mate that says C +A inside.

I moseyed around the next few days at work thinking that Chris was taken, but that didn't keep me from chatting it up when we cleaned up tables. I was startled when Chris came up to me casually mentioned me and him making pizza at his place on Friday. Woooo!! I mean AAAhhhhh! So he didn't have a girlfriend as I had imagined up, but I already had plans for Friday night. (What those where I really don't remember.)(Honest) So I said the inevitable: No. Sorry I have other plans. Lucky for me Chris didn't remember me ever having told him that, so the next weekend and I was going to make pizza!!

The weekend eventually rolled around and I walked with Chris to Campus Plaza, the same place my brother lived. However, we took a secret tunnel to get there. In reality I just always had taken the long way since I'm bad at directions, but yah.
The first thing I noticed when I walked into the apartment was that on the table was a white table cloth, ceramic square plates, with matching black and white cups, and flowers. We proceeded to slop on ingredients to the pizza and Chris humbly told me he had put too much salt in the sauce earlier. He had made the entire crust and sauce before hand! How thoughtful. We talked and ate to classical music which escalated out of the living room. We even had Orange Julius' since I had told Chris earlier that I had never tried one. He was so charming! I made sure to tell my room mates all about it when I returned home.

No comments :