Sunday, March 30, 2008

Part 2: Making the Move

Naturally, like any guy would do after that first day of work, I went home and told my roommates what a cute girl I was working with. Naturally, they wanted to see pictures. Like any guy would do, I turned to Facebook. Like any girl would do, she made her profile private so I couldn't show off any pictures beyond this completely obscure photo:

Now, that picture would never do, so after a week or two of hesitation, I decided to be bold and added her as a friend on Facebook. I wasn't daring though, so I made sure to change my picture so it wasn't my freaky zombie one. It was that move that started it all: she added me as a friend on Facebook!

It turns out she took full advantage of that by syphoning pictures of me onto her hard drive. Meanwhile, I was showing off pictures of her to my roommates until they finally asked the simple question: Why don't you ask her out?

What? At this point I was getting rather frustrated with what one might call a dating frenzy. What was the point? I was just some nerdy computer science major. Besides, the other day at work, I saw her talking animatedly with this one guy named Allen. I stood no chance.

Nevertheless, date ideas constantly flooded my mind. I had to try them on someone, and she was definitely the best pick in all of BYU. It also eventually dawned on me that the guy she had talked with was actually her brother. Why not make the move?

So one day we were walking down the spiral staircase to the locker room dungeon of the Cougareat and I finally asked what I had wanted to for several weeks: "Um, you wanna make some pizza at my place this Friday after work?"

The life-changing question had been posed.

2 comments :

Jeff said...

Oh my goodness! How can you leave us hanging like that?? Did this girl Amanda say yes???

Lois said...

Man - what would have happened if you continued to think that Allen was a guy she like?!?! I shudder at the thought.