Saturday, May 15, 2010

More Weekend Fun

Another Post! Just for you Michelle so that you can see us at least once a week. We miss not getting to run into you an Allen on the weekends, so we have to keep ourselves busy in other ways. To begin with, we all need to make silly faces at a park like the photo below.

So this weekend we went to see some cool sites. This is the park at the end of our journey. Sorry the order is backwards a little, but I am sure no one will mind.


Chris had as much fun playing at the park as Wesley did.

Choo Choo! One of my favorite pictures of the trip. Go driver go!

Okay I know how it looks. I did not push him down the slide all on his own when he can't hold his head up on slides yet. But he is smiling. This cool slide is found in the photo below.


The boot! aka a fun slide. While were there, these two boys kept saying, "This is our castle. No girls allowed." Of course that doesn't stop moms from taking down little tikes.

We have one of these dino rides at a park close to our house and Wesley loves it. He was very excited to get a ride on one today too!

This is located on the top of the Monona Terrace. There were tons of these up there and I think we found a rather good one after all our searching. See if you can catch who is up there by looking to the left of Wesley.

While I was snaping a picture of the water fountain, a dude asked if we wanted a family photo. Can you turn those down nope, so here it is. Oh and I just may mention, that is not a belly, it is the tie on my pants....

Here it is! The Monona Terrace that was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, complete with fishermen lining the sidewalk. I once had a teacher who made me take two days full on notes about this architect, so it is really exciting to me to learn that he has tons of stuff in Wisconsin. The reason? He was born here!

Speaking of fishing, on the Monona lake doesn't look too bad of a spot either. Isn't it pretty?

So Chris told that by company policy I can't mention the name of his work place. Chris invited Wesley and me to lunch here on Thursday as I had spaghetti and eggplant. He had a sandwich with three layers of bread, and Wesley had tomatoes, and bites of bread. He didn't like the eggplant at all.

As I have been telling people this place to work is awesome! Especially if I am not the one busting my brains out, but get to see all the cool sites! Each building has rooms that contain different themes like Star Wars, the universe, dragons, flappers, you name it they may have it, or it may be coming soon. This one I think you all can guess what it is. He sits at the main entrance to the guest area.

This theater is where Chris will get to go inside next week for a large company group meeting. It's a pretty large place let me tell you!

While there are many exciting things to see here, I snatched a photo of a suit of armor...

and R2-D2: who is shorter than Wesley just look! There are tons more exciting things to see, but in order to see them, you may just have to come give us a visit!


Finally for all you Wesley fans out there:

Tah Dah! I hope you enjoyed our latest post! See you next time!

4 comments :

Mary said...

We enjoyed the latest update. It was fun watching Wesley's excitement as he strolled down the hallway.
We want to visit Chris' workplace, too, when we come to visit this fall.

Lois said...

That looks like a really fun park And it's fun to see the sights around where you live! Chris' work is awesome!! Jeff thinks that he actually works for Wisconsin Dells. :)

Anonymous said...

Chris can't mention the name of his workplace on your blog since it's online or he wasn't supposed to let us know or what? I liked the pictures of Wesley, especially the cute video. He's getting good!

Rick, Erin, and girls said...

I need to bring Brie in here to show her what she needs to learn next. :)