Sunday, May 30, 2010

birthday and other trash


Hello Readers! Some of you may have been wondering when we were ever going to try out our first Wisconsin meal. Well we have. I believe it was last week on Monday, so right after our last post that we decided we should taste the brats and curds. Despite the tentative expression, it was not all that bad, although slightly less like hot dogs than I was expecting. We did not get the spicy variety of brats, because there is no way I would have been able to handle it.

Oh and the shirt I am wearing came from CR's work place. Sweet! Love getting free shirts!



The day before my birthday I made my first bread sticks! They turned out rather well if you ask me, especially since I blended all the ingredients with a fork. (Our hand mixer broke way back in Utah). But never fear, just keep reading.

For lunch we had a picnic at a park. Wesley saw a dog he liked to watch, and he went down some slides... what else do you do at a park? We left before it started to get too hot outside.


For my birthday I got: A mixer! A monkey card, a pastry cutter-inner thingy, twizzlers, and Carcassonne- with five expansions!


As part of my birthday funness, Chris surprised me with a blueberry cheesecake. I had told him that cake was off limits because we are going to have one next week for Wesley's birthday. I was expecting the lime bars that we had in the cupboard, but he surprised me!

Okay so before we get to the next picture..... cough..... I should tell you some more good surprises. I went on a mini treasure hunt to find my prezzies. On the clues were reasons why he loved including that I don't hate mailmen all to the way I'm patient.

Then on the bottom of my cheesecake after my present fun, Chris had taped what place we would be eating at this month for my birthday. Afterward, I got to pick out of a cup the other places-one a month- of our restaurant fun. Well it just so happens to be that the one he had picked (with eyes closed) was a trash can. My idea for how he should handle that was to put a board over or trash can and see if we could balance our food on it while we ate. His idea was far different....

Apparently if you have to be near a trash can, you must eat "trash." So yes my birthday dinner was left over pasta, some banana, some chips, and twizzlers... all blended up. I stopped asking what was in it, but it looked like something that may rhyme with "goop" and tasted like banana mush. We managed to get in about six spoonfuls before filling up on cheesecake again.

And in case anyone may say this was a bad dinner idea, my philosophy was: better to eat trash today when something else later in the day would make up for it, instead of eating trash on a day when cheesecake is not present to complete the meal. :)


Afterwards, Chris surprised us with a trip to mini-golf. It was great! It was a little hard to play with me being distracted about Wesley stealing the balls after we hit them, and worrying about him falling down while he walked and slide down the slopes, but over all it was a great game because I won by ONE point!

Below are some pictures we snapped of Wesley et al at the golf place. There were lots of things to do and look at while playing and waiting for others to play through.



Tah Dah!

2 comments :

Lois said...

Looks like you had an awesome birthday! The trash dinner looked revolting though. :) Hopefully the other places won't be so...trashy. ;)

Rick, Erin, and girls said...

What is it with Heits and trash? ;)