Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Okay so I know that you all want to see pictures of a cute little baby and not hear anything else about us, right? I will be brief in our news so you can enjoy the pictures of a little darling. Chris and I got a new car. Okay so on to Wesley!


This pic was taken when he was two days old. He is enjoying sleeping and being swaddled. These are still his favorite pastimes along with eating and staring. I keep thinking how strange it is that he looks big sometimes and really really small other times. I guess it's just because I am with him all day long so I get used to his small size. When he is out of my sight for a little bit and then I come back, somehow he always manages to shrink, even though at his two week check up we found that he grew an inch and gained an ounce and a half from his birth weight.

At four days old we have decided he needs to be indoctrinated into playing the drums. If only he was wearing his "My Daddy Rocks" onesie when this was taken it would have been perfect!

Here he is looking really small again. Aunt Amy is in the background probably chatting with some friend on facebook.

A small baby again... Weird how he keeps popping up on this blog.



I like this one because it goes to show not only one of his funny faces, but also how strong he is already! When he has "tummy time" he can already lift his head up about an inch! He does not hold it up for long, but he lifts it up when first put down. Then he gets tired and just lays there every now and then squiggling his feet. He hasn't decided to try using his arms to move himself, but he tries kicking his legs.

So this isn't his first bath picture. It's really his second bath picture, but oh well, we can always pretend. Baths are all the same right? They just make you get cold and fussy.


Ten days old and mommy wants to get out of the house already. I can't imagine why... I took him on a walk earlier in the day and he woke up and cried so I had to come back. Later when Chris came home, we went for another walk. This one he liked since the sun wasn't in his face. He wasn't covered up and could see. He didn't like that he could not see where he was going the first time around.

A close up. He slept at the start and end of the walk, but was awake enough to see bright blurs passing by him in the middle of it.

Sorry, we won't mail him to you!


The snuggle bug! He has started to discover that by wiggling he can get where he wants to go. When he sleeps on the couch now he always manages to get himself sideways. If I sit on the couch next to him he will scoot himself over next to me even if he is in the middle of the other cushion. Somehow I never catch him wiggling over. He just manages to appear next to me.


A common sight in this Heit house.


Yipeee!! This goes to prove that Wesley has an official name! He no longer will be written off as A Heit baby like he was at the hospital.


Sorry that there's no sound folks, but if you did hear anything, all you would be hearing is Wesley saying "eeehhh" a bunch. He never actually cries in the video only makes funny faces.

This video demonstrates some of the funny faces he makes when he is waking up. He takes a really long time waking up and has to squirm and "ehh" a bunch before he decides that waking up is the funner thing to do.


We had to help Wesley play the drums. He didn't think he could reach all of them at the same time with his little arms. Plus he can't sit up on his own yet! (Actually Chris was trying to get him to stop fussing for me which was nice because it worked!) He's pretty talented to play expert drums one handed. I thought he was going to die, but he never did.

Till Next Time Then!

2 comments :

Lois said...

I loved the post, all the pics, and the video!! Wesley sure is a little cutie!

What kind of car did you get?

Rick, Erin, and girls said...

Cute post! How do you get your stroller up and down the stairs? I didn't notice a ramp when we were there.