Tuesday, April 21, 2009

All done with Finals!

Well, I'm all done with finals for a little while until the next semester at least. While this isn't the amazing blog post that Chris promised on April 1st (there's something funny about that date) it is still a good post! As long as my internet holds out on me. I finally finished my three Nephites and my fisherman out of polymer clay. Right now they're all packed away in a box until I find a place to put them up at that won't get knocked over.

These ones are the three Nephites. You may have been able to tell because there's three of them. They all look different because I have no idea what they look like and hey, no one else does either! I should have gotten a picture of the dude on the right in his earlier stages. After I baked him the first time he fell over and his legs fell off in the oven. It was a sad experience, but luckily I was able to fix him up so now you can't tell at all. I personally like the middle one the most since the gold plates look really cool. All three of them are sitting in the pan they were baked in that I borrowed from Lois. Thanks Lois!


And here is the fisherman! He was the first of the three Nephites that I actually started to do except that he is about seven times larger than they are. Because of that I would have run out of clay before I ever finished one of my guys! So I started over and made them smaller. I really wanted to finish this first guy though because I spent three hours on the head trying to figure out how to make it look somewhat realistic. Granted, I was using a book I checked out from the library to guide me through the steps on how to make people with clay, wire and aluminum foil, but still it's not as easy as it looks!


This is the start of my most recent project. I got tired of looking at all the scratches on my desk that we had gotten from the DI when we first moved into our apartment. The result was that I found some contact paper, which isn't the easiest thing to find I found out, and covered the whole top part of the desk. I had gotten the first half all put on before realizing I hadn't taken a "before" picture showing the scratches. Oh well. You can use you imaginations to picture what it looked like. Bummer. I finished eating all the left overs for my first lunch. Now what should I go make?


Here's the final outcome! I think it turned out well although there are a few little bubbles in the contact paper and the rounded corners where hard to do, but it doesn't look too bad!


The sunday before last, Chris came up to me after priesthood got out and asked me if I wanted to go see a crib. I had no problem in going to see it, so away we went! We traveled as far as the church parking lot where I found that a couple in our ward who are due to have a girl in about sixteen days now had an extra crib because people kept giving them free items. I had no problem in snatching up a free crib myself! It doesn't have a mattress in it, because my mom is bringing one down, but we set it up anyway! Surprisingly it created more space instead of less space since we can hide things underneath it.


And here's the last picture!

I'm not saying that I'm getting bigger or anything. I'm just saying that I can no longer fit in Chris' pants. Which is sad because I miss wearing jeans!

P.S I had the amazing goal today of finding where the children's cd's went that my dad made for me for Christmas. He must have spent forever copying the tapes onto CD's and I could not find them anywhere. The result was that I searched all the bags I could think of, all the boxes, took about the closets and searched there.... Finally, I turned around to look at the TV stand and what do you know I found them in a pile of CD's that were behind the movies. I should have guessed that we would have put them in such a logical place! They're on my computer now though so they can't get lost anymore! (and so I can bug Chris with tons of great songs I listened to when I was little. he he )

No comments :